Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

QoS by destination

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  QoS by destination

Posted Oct 22, 2012 03:58 PM

Hi,

How is the easy way to do a QoS for a destination? Example: In a 802.1x SSID, I'd like to apply QoS for Internet, but not for Local Network (192.168.x.x).

ArubaOS 6.1

AP125

Regards

• 2.  RE: QoS by destination

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2012 12:47 AM

You cannot.

• 3.  RE: QoS by destination

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2012 06:01 AM

I thought it was possible in an access list?

Source  Destination                Service    Action  TimeRange  Log  Expired  Queue  TOS  8021P  Blacklist  Mirror  DisScan  ClassifyMedia  IPv4/6

any     <network> 255.255.255.0    svc-https  permit                           High   26   6                                                 4
    any     any                        any        permit                           Low                                                           4

I've done captures on the controller and indeed any traffic leaving it and going to that destination does have the Qos tag added.

:smileyhappy:

• 4.  RE: QoS by destination
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2012 07:34 AM

Yes.  That rule will tag the traffic with QOS markings; absolutely.

If I understand the question correctly, I think the poster wants something to provide bandwidth restrictions for outgoing traffic, but none for incoming traffic.  That rule cannot provide that.

• 5.  RE: QoS by destination

Posted Oct 24, 2012 12:36 PM

Sure...

I want to limit the Internet traffic in 4MB for down/up and has no limit from wireless to local lan (cable).

regards,

Paulo