Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Question Regarding Master/Local Upgrade to 8.2 with Migration Tool

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Question Regarding Master/Local Upgrade to 8.2 with Migration Tool

Posted Jul 24, 2019 02:36 PM

Hello everyone,

I am currently in the process of upgrading my master/local deployement and had some concerns with the migration tool. We currently have a main campus with two masters in production with three sites in local mode. I would prefer to migrate a single location first (instead of hard cutting the entire enviroment). A couple of these locations do not have full-time staff onsite to assist in the upgrade so I would not prefer a manual migration. My question is whether or not the migration tool will allow administrators to upgrade one site at a time. (I would only enter the master IP and a single local controller IP in the tool and select "No"  on the "Migrate Master" option). 

Any advice or knowledge is much appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: Question Regarding Master/Local Upgrade to 8.2 with Migration Tool

Posted Jul 24, 2019 03:48 PM

Hi,

well it depend,

the migration tool will help you to migrate your configuration from 6.5 to version 8. It will give you 2 different configuration migreated. Default-Local and default Global.....  default-local is proper to the controller, and default-global is like an global configuration you will pushed to all your controllers.....

i recommend to do an clean-up after using the migration tool because you will have a lot of default configuration.

On my last deployment, my client worked with an hybrid environment, mobility master with 1 controllers (version 8) and also 1 master with 2 local controllers (version 6.5)

• 3.  RE: Question Regarding Master/Local Upgrade to 8.2 with Migration Tool

Posted Jul 24, 2019 05:29 PM

So were you able to migrate one location at a time in the Master/Local deployment in your case?