Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Question about IAP-93 and IAP-105

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Question about IAP-93 and IAP-105

Posted Jul 06, 2012 11:55 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to have IAP-93 and IAP-105 controlled from the same virtual controller? The number of APs will be below 16. 

I'm new to setting this up, but i also noticed that the host name for the client computers never fills in. Is there away to fix this?

thanks

Ronnie

Spell Check

• 2.  RE: Question about IAP-93 and IAP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2012 01:44 PM

@ronnie55555 wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to have IAP-93 and IAP-105 controlled from the same virtual controller? The number of APs will be below 16. 

I'm new to setting this up, but i also noticed that the host name for the client computers never fills in. Is there away to fix this?

thanks

Ronnie

Spell Check

Yes.

When you say the host name for the client computers never fills in, do you mean on the Virtual Controller dashboard?

• 3.  RE: Question about IAP-93 and IAP-105

Posted Jul 06, 2012 02:10 PM

Yes exactly. It just shows as --

Do I need to configure DNS servers somewhere, so it can do a lookup?

thanks

Ronnie

• 4.  RE: Question about IAP-93 and IAP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2012 02:12 PM

Can you please attach a screenshot of the column you are referring to?  Thanks.

• 5.  RE: Question about IAP-93 and IAP-105

Posted Jul 06, 2012 03:46 PM

Here is a screen shot...  Right now I only have two clients, but earlier I had a bunch and it was the same thing. When I do a nslookup of the IP address I do get the correct name. Not sure if there is somewhere I have to configure the AP to look for this. It seems to idenitfy the OS correcly also, just the DNS name never shows up....

thanks again for your help

screen.jpg

• 6.  RE: Question about IAP-93 and IAP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2012 03:48 PM

Ah,

The "Name" field is for the username of the person who authenticated.  if you are using any type of preshared key authentication, this field will not be populated.  It is not for the hostname, unfortunately...

• 7.  RE: Question about IAP-93 and IAP-105

Posted Jul 06, 2012 03:53 PM

Ok, thank you for clearing that up... 

• 8.  RE: Question about IAP-93 and IAP-105

Posted Oct 22, 2014 05:52 AM

Hi,

I have seen win some IAP client dashboards where the name of the client will be android-123 or Win7-PC which is not the username of the clients and noticed this in open SSIDs too.