Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Question about updating/upgrading with AP-125

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Question about updating/upgrading with AP-125

Posted May 07, 2015 01:22 PM

We are currently running 6.3.1.2. We are wondering is it best to stay with the 6.3 series of code which is now up to 6.3.1.16. Or should I upgrade to 6.4 series of code which is up to 6.4.2.6? I read in the release notes of 6.4.2.6 that 6.4 code series will be the last one supported on the AP-125. Does anyone have a chart or something on the differences between 6.3 and 6.4?

Thank you in advanced for your help. 

• 2.  RE: Question about updating/upgrading with AP-125

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 07, 2015 01:32 PM

The two major features in 6.4 from a client standpoint are AppRF 2.0 and DLNA support in AirGroup.

AppRF 2.0 adds deep packet inspection to allow you to block, throttle and prioritize applications on 7 series controllers.

DLNA AirGroup support allows standards-based L2 discovery to work across subnets (SSDP/DLNA). This will allow support things like Chromecast, Roku, standards-based printer discovery etc.

• 3.  RE: Question about updating/upgrading with AP-125
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 07, 2015 07:54 PM

@jcameron wrote:

We are currently running 6.3.1.2. We are wondering is it best to stay with the 6.3 series of code which is now up to 6.3.1.16. Or should I upgrade to 6.4 series of code which is up to 6.4.2.6? I read in the release notes of 6.4.2.6 that 6.4 code series will be the last one supported on the AP-125. Does anyone have a chart or something on the differences between 6.3 and 6.4?

Thank you in advanced for your help. 

What's new in ArubaOS 6.4

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Preface/WhatsNew.htm