Wireless Access

Aruba Employee

Re: Question on Triggers?

Hi Tan,

I see that in Device Up Trigger definition, Auto acknowledge Alerts are on for - Up Only devices.  If you want both the alerts Up and down to be auto acknowledged then select Up and Down option from drop down  to be Auto acknowledged in Device Up trigger definition.  This will auto acknowledges both the Up and Down Alerts.

-Suchitra

Contributor II

Oh.. OK.. I think I misunderstood it.. All right.. let me give it a try again.. I think i am starting to see some devices which are down started to be acknowledged. Let me reconfirm using my test AP. Thanks..

-Tan

Contributor II

Hi Suchitra,

It's confirmed working to clear the original Device Down alerts when we have the Device UP trigger set to Auto-Acknowledge the "UP and Down" option. Thanks.. This works for me now!

Thanks,

Tan

New Contributor

I am also having difficulty with Up Alerts, 

I have the Device Up trigger set to auto-acknowledge Up and Down Alerts, but somehow Down Alerts seemed to remain unacknowledged after an Up Alert for the same device was triggered. An audit of the Up Alert Trigger showed that the Time Window for this alert was set to 1 min. The description of this option indicates that if set to 0, the Alert is acknowledged forever.

So, my questions are:

What is the function of the Time Window in the trigger?

Can Acknowledged alerts get de-acknowledged somehow?

Do alerts need to fall within a specific period to be auto-acknowledged?

Matt

Trusted Contributor I

did you read the earlier replies

• Up Only/Down Only/ Up and Down, it will give a Time Window to input for how many minutes alerts should be Auto acknowledged. If the duration selected is ‘0’ then the alert is acknowledged forever. If 15mins is selected then Auto acknowledge is enabled for the next 15mins.
New Contributor

Yes, I did read the previous replies.

"it will give a Time Window to input for how many minutes alerts should be Auto acknowledged."

Does this mean that NEW alerts triggered in the Time Window, after the Up alert is triggered, will be acknowledged? Or does it mean that the EXISTING alert will be acknowledged for the Time Window and then de-acknowledged after the time window elapses?

"If the duration selected is ‘0’ then the alert is acknowledged forever."

Does this mean that INDIVIDUAL alerts are not, by default, acknowledged forever, and would only be so in this case? Or does this mean that all future instances of this TYPE of alert will be acknowledged forever?

The previous reply, worded the way it is, could be interpreted either way. If neither of these cases is a correct interpretation of what the time window is expected to do, could you provide the correct explaination.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: