Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Questions about CLI output (ARM)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Questions about CLI output (ARM)

Posted Sep 06, 2013 03:59 PM

I am trying to figure out or decipher some output I get by running some commands at the CLI. I am sure what I am looking to learn is out there somewhere, but I have not been able to find it.

If I run show ap arm state ap-name <ap-name> I see:

Neighbor Density and 4 numbers separated by slashes #/#/#/#. What do those numbers represent?

Along the same lines, if I run show ap arm rf-summary ap-name <ap-name> I see:

Current arm assignment #-/# or #+/#

Intf_idx #/# (#)

Cov_idx #/#//#/# (#)

Noise floor #

I am trying to get an idea of what those are, what they should be and what would raise a red flag or indicate potential issues.

I am not experiencing any issues but rather just trying to educate myself. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd apprecaite the input.

• 2.  RE: Questions about CLI output (ARM)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2013 06:43 PM

Please see the ARM supplement here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/70/1204/1/ARM+Doc+Supplement.pdf

Quite frankly, it is rare that those parameters need to be changed in the majority of circumstances.

• 3.  RE: Questions about CLI output (ARM)

Posted Sep 06, 2013 08:21 PM

Thanks. I am not sure how I missed that document as it was pretty obvious.