Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-108/9 VPN tunnel to Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-108/9 VPN tunnel to Controller

Posted Jan 31, 2013 06:24 PM

So, just got a RAP-109 for a client. I'm planning to configure it in "Instant" mode and the use the VPN tunnnel for access to corporate resources. 

I've been reviewing the configuration guide, but I don't see any documentation specific to the RAP-10x. Is there any documentation on how to configure this, or is it just a plain old IPSec tunnel setup on the controller?

Also, if it's in Instant mode and not configure as a traditional RAP do I need to whitelist it?

oh, yeah, do I need to upgrade the controller to 6.2 for this to work as a VPN endpoint, or is that only is I use it as a traditional RAP.

That's it. Any help would be appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: RAP-108/9 VPN tunnel to Controller

Posted Feb 01, 2013 05:10 PM

There are configs on both the IAP side and the controller.   The controller configuration is documented in the AOS 6.2 Users Guide Ch. 39 -- Instant AP VPN Support..

You will need AOS 6.2 on the controller.   There was an earlier version (6.1.3.1-rn), however, it was a very early and limited release.  I would use 6.2.

• 3.  RE: RAP-108/9 VPN tunnel to Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2013 10:27 AM

I can't seem to get the ipsec tunnel to work.  GRE works fine though.

• 4.  RE: RAP-108/9 VPN tunnel to Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2013 10:13 AM

Well I managed to get the ipsec part working now.  Didn't work no matter what I did, and in frustration I rebooted the Instant and then it worked.