Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-108

Posted Jul 20, 2014 09:13 PM

I'm considering picking up an Aruba RAP-108 used at a good price. My question is this:

Will I be able to configure it using CLI, or will I need Airwave or some other software to configure this device? If I need Airwave or some other software to configure this device, is that licensed or can I just download it somewhere for free? Being that I'll be picking this thing up used, if the software is licensed, maybe I shouldn't pick it up.

What do you guys think?

• 2.  RE: RAP-108
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2014 09:15 PM

RemoteAPs now come as Instant APs out of the box. When you boot it up, you will be able to access the Instant management UI. There is no license cost. If you wanted to convert it for use with a mobility controller, you would need the appropriate licenses on the controller.

http://cloud.arubanetworks.com/getting-started

• 3.  RE: RAP-108

Posted Jul 20, 2014 09:19 PM

Wow, thanks a bunch! That answers all of my questions.

• 4.  RE: RAP-108

Posted Jul 20, 2014 09:28 PM

You say you are getting it cheap; make sure it includes antennas (unless you have some).   The RAP-108 has external antenna support (the RAP-109 has internal antennas).