Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP 109 and USB Celular Modem

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP 109 and USB Celular Modem

Posted Oct 03, 2014 01:38 PM

I have a RAP 109 at a branch office converted to funcion as a Remote Access Point over a DSL link connected to the controller at HQs and propagating our "Corporate" SSID. I would like to test automatic failover to an AT&T USB modem because I am having intermittant service issues but most of the documentation makes reference to this RAP configured as "Instant".

I tried working with the RAPs USB configuration on the controller but get an "unavailable" error when I click the USB link under "Controller > Access Points".

Is it possible to implement the funcionality I'm looking for? Thank you!

• 2.  RE: RAP 109 and USB Celular Modem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2014 03:19 PM

It depends on the settings needed for the ATT modem.  In the Configuration --> AP Installation for the RAP 109, there is a section for USB settings.  Have you tweaked those?  Depending on the settings, our support should be able to give you the right settings.

Screenshot 2014-10-03 15.18.08.png

• 3.  RE: RAP 109 and USB Celular Modem

Posted Oct 03, 2014 04:13 PM

Yes, I saw that screen while the RAP was configured from the factory as "Instant". As soon as I convert it to Remote and it's becomes managed my controller at HQs, that portal is no logner available.

• 4.  RE: RAP 109 and USB Celular Modem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2014 04:14 PM

No - it's there on the controller.  Take a look at the RAP under configuration --> AP installation. Click on Provision and you will see it 2/3rds the way down the screen

• 5.  RE: RAP 109 and USB Celular Modem

Posted Oct 04, 2014 01:52 AM
      |   view attached

Thank you Seth, I was looking on the wrong page of the GUI. So the only modems supported are these (attached)?

If you can provide a link to an KB which addresses tmodem configuration settings and testing, that would be great!

• 6.  RE: RAP 109 and USB Celular Modem

Posted Oct 07, 2014 12:21 PM

Seth, please let me know if I need to adquire one of the modems shown in the drop down box or if I can use what's currently available from my provider.