Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-205H AP intermittently connects to the controller at irregular intervals

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-205H AP intermittently connects to the controller at irregular intervals

Posted Feb 06, 2018 05:56 AM

Hello, everyone,

we have a RAP-205H which always connects to the controller in irregular intervals.
    When searching the logs I can also see that the AP gets a new IP address from the controller at the time when it connects and reconnects.
    Furthermore, the system status LED lights up red all the time, even if the VPN to the controller has been set up.
    Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong with that?

The image version of the AP is: 6.4.3.6

• 2.  RE: RAP-205H AP intermittently connects to the controller at irregular intervals

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 06:16 AM

I am assuming you have it in RAP mode.

What is the network between the AP and the controller?

You should obtain the tech support from the AP when it connects so you can get an idea what could be going on.

You can also get the output of:

"show ap debug counters ap-name <name of ap>" to see if it is rebootstrapping.

Disconnecting and getting a different inner ip suggests that there is a network issue between the RAP and the controller.  You should try to eliminate that by connecting the AP as a RAP to the controller on your local LAN and see if it has the same issue.

• 3.  RE: RAP-205H AP intermittently connects to the controller at irregular intervals

Posted Feb 08, 2018 09:00 AM

Hello, cjoseph,

yes, the assumption is correct, the RAP-205H is in RAP mode.
    The RAP is connected to a DSL internet connection.

When executing the command, I received the following results:

Configs Sent  Configs Acked  AP Boots Sent  AP Boots Acked  Bootstraps (Total)  Reboots  Crash
    ------------  -------------  -------------  --------------  ------------------  -------  -----
    2             2              0              0               20         (62   )  9        N

Are there still possibilities of these further debugging?

Many greetings

• 4.  RE: RAP-205H AP intermittently connects to the controller at irregular intervals
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 30, 2018 04:18 AM

Hello, the problem is solved.
    Given the information of my customer was a Devolo DLAN adapter between the RAP and the router at my customer.
    Because the Devolo DLAN system only had a 10/100 Mbit interface, the problem described above was probably caused.