Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-2WG - WIFI and LAN

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-2WG - WIFI and LAN

Posted Nov 30, 2018 03:54 PM

All of a sudden, my PC users cannot authenticate against AD when connecting via WIFI but can connect via port E1.

Also, cell phones and MACs connect fine via WIFI and LAN - Just PCs cannot via WIFI.

I have no idea where to start troubleshooting as I can't even use Wireshark since there is no authentication.

• 2.  RE: RAP-2WG - WIFI and LAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2018 06:02 AM
    If this is a controller-based RAP, start with the AP tech-support when one of these clients is failing to connect. The 1st question is whether or not the clients have established 802.11 association or not Consult the AOS CLI Reference Guide and use the proper syntax depending on the AOS version - applicable for RAP: (Apologies, I'm writing this from memory with no lab to consult) show ap association ap-name show ap debug client-table ap-name show ap remote debug mgmt-frames ap-name show auth show datapath user ap-name If the client has no 802.11 association, you will need an 802.11 air capture near the failing client. If there is an association, those commands should give some clue as to where things are going wrong. It would sound to me like the PC WIFI profile (authentication) is not configured properly. If these PCs are using Windows operating system, check the WIFI profile - may be related to certificates and trust of certificates when using PEAP of any sort.