Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3WN AND IPSec

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-3WN AND IPSec

Posted Jun 25, 2013 02:07 AM

Can we configure RAP AP without IPsec because we are already used IPsec between our head office and remote locations

• 2.  RE: RAP-3WN AND IPSec

Posted Jun 25, 2013 06:21 AM

That is not possible 

• 3.  RE: RAP-3WN AND IPSec

Posted Jun 25, 2013 08:12 AM

Please see the following thread on the topic (read through the end).   

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant/RAP-3-convertion-to-normal-campus-AP/td-p/74246

• 4.  RE: RAP-3WN AND IPSec

Posted Jun 25, 2013 08:23 AM
    Thanks Victor & Clembo

• 5.  RE: RAP-3WN AND IPSec

Posted Jun 25, 2013 08:34 AM
    Hi Clembo,
    I have gone through with the post, It was all about whether RAP-3WN can work as RAP or CAP. although it was very informative for me to read that... but my question was simple i.e can we configure RAP in such mode that it don't make IPSec with controller?

• 6.  RE: RAP-3WN AND IPSec
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 08:41 AM

When in RAP mode, an AP can only work via IPsec.   Campus APs can either terminate via GRE or IPSec tunnels (if CPsec enabled on the controller).  I referred you to that post to show the RAPs support/capabilities to be a campus AP (meaning, not using IPsec).

• 7.  RE: RAP-3WN AND IPSec
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 09:03 AM
    You can convert the RAP-3 to an Instant AP (IAP) and then IPSec is optional. It won't be managed by a controller, though. If you have Airwave in your environment, you can use it to monitor/manage the IAP(s). An additional benefit of an IAP vs RAP is that you can add IAPs to the site and not have roaming issues!! :)

• 8.  RE: RAP-3WN AND IPSec

Posted Jun 26, 2013 02:43 AM
    Clembo and Olino Thank you so much for your support and responses, That is actually i was looking for.

Kudos for both of you :-)