Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3WN is not broadcasting instant SSID and it reboots by its own after 5 minutes

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-3WN is not broadcasting instant SSID and it reboots by its own after 5 minutes

Posted May 19, 2015 09:45 PM

Hi all,

I have a new RAP-3WN, poer it up and I got WLAN LED amber and it is not broadcasting instant SSID, also it reboots by its own after 5 minutes.

Also, I tried to do a factory reset few times and I had the same behavior.

Regards,

• 2.  RE: RAP-3WN is not broadcasting instant SSID and it reboots by its own after 5 minutes

Posted May 19, 2015 09:56 PM
    Make sure it has an IP address

• 3.  RE: RAP-3WN is not broadcasting instant SSID and it reboots by its own after 5 minutes

Posted May 19, 2015 09:58 PM

It is out of the box RAP.

What is the default IP address assuming it will be E0

• 4.  RE: RAP-3WN is not broadcasting instant SSID and it reboots by its own after 5 minutes

Posted May 19, 2015 10:09 PM

It needs to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server in your network, If you are at home use the patch cable it came with and then you should either connect it to your existing hub or ISP modem to obtain so it can obtain an IP address 

• 5.  RE: RAP-3WN is not broadcasting instant SSID and it reboots by its own after 5 minutes

Posted May 19, 2015 10:22 PM

I need to provision it first and convert it before connecting it to the router. How to connect to it, since it is not broadcasting instant SSID.Is there a way to use wired? if yes what is the default IP address and on which interface?

Is it normal to reboot every 5 minutes if it is not provisioned yet?

• 6.  RE: RAP-3WN is not broadcasting instant SSID and it reboots by its own after 5 minutes
    Best Answer

Posted May 19, 2015 10:27 PM
    Connect it to the router the RAP should obtain an IP and then you will see the "instant" ssid

• 7.  RE: RAP-3WN is not broadcasting instant SSID and it reboots by its own after 5 minutes

Posted May 19, 2015 10:34 PM

It is normal to reboot if it hasn't obtained an IP address

• 8.  RE: RAP-3WN is not broadcasting instant SSID and it reboots by its own after 5 minutes

Posted May 20, 2015 08:23 PM

Thank you so much it is working now as advised.....

Appreciate your support.