Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

Posted Dec 04, 2013 02:41 PM

All,

I need to upgrade my 3400 controller from 6.1.3.1 to 6.2.4.1 to support RAP-3s.  I have three RAP-5WN attached to this controller that needs the backup partition upgraded (running 3.3.2.11-rn still) before I can upgrade.  When I type in the command "apflash ap-name <name_of_AP> backup-partition", it throws an error at backup-partition.  I looked at the help for this command and "backup-partition" is not part of this command line options.  Any ideas what the command line is to upgrade the backup-partition now?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks to all!!

Todd Gawronski

• 2.  RE: RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:25 PM

You do the backup partition command when your RAP5/2 are on a AOS5.0 code and you need to upgrade to AOS6.0

• 3.  RE: RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:28 PM

Thanks, Victor!!  But how do I get it from 3.x to 5.x?  I need to get this upgrade done.

• 4.  RE: RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:40 PM

Are you currently on 3.x or on 6.x ?

• 5.  RE: RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:42 PM

controller is using image 6.1.3.1

• 6.  RE: RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:45 PM

SW upgrades for the controllers is available for download from our TAC site.  The Release Notes are there as well and cover the upgrade proceedure.  Upgrade to 5.x then upgrade the RAP partition.  Then you can continue on to AOS 6.x.

Keep in mind that AOS 6.x is not supported on our Legacy controllers (200, 800, 2400, SC1, and SC2).

• 7.  RE: RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:48 PM

Marcus, that is not an option.  Controller has been on 6.1.3.1 for almost a year.  I cannot downgrade.

Plus only one controller in affect here.  it is a 3400 and only controls the RAPs for the company.

• 8.  RE: RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:51 PM

Are you an Aruba Partner?  If you are we have a controller in the SE Enablement Lab with AOS 5.x you can access to upgrade the backup partition.

If you are an end-user reach out to your Aruba Sales team, or your reseller, and they can help you with the upgrade via the controller in the SE Enablement Lab.

• 9.  RE: RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

Posted Nov 05, 2015 08:21 AM

We are an Aruba partner. How can I access this lab?

I currently have a customer that had there RAP5 sitting on a shelf when they upgraded the controller. Now the RAP is on 3.x code but the controller is running 6.x. Rap5 will now no longer connect. Is there a way to upgrade the RAP manually (or by this lab) so that I can get it connected to customer controller once again?

Thanks !!!

• 10.  RE: RAP-5WN Firmware upgrade issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 08:28 AM
    Please contact tac.