Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-5WN and Verizon Pantech UML-290 4G Card

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-5WN and Verizon Pantech UML-290 4G Card

Posted Dec 06, 2012 04:58 PM

We have a 3600 controller running 6.1.3.1 and a pile of RAP-5WN devices.  We're running into some issues with these RAPs when we are using them with Verizon Pantech UML-290 4G cards.  We have a series of provisioning steps that seem to work OK, but it feels like we're missing something because it doesn't work great (fail-over between USB and Port0 doesn't always work, sometimes the RAPs won't come up unless they were on a wired connection first, weird stuff).

I'd like to figure out how to build a reusable profile in the web admin that I can apply to the RAPs when they are going to be using a Verizon card as their primary connectivity.  It seems like if I could find all the right information, I could build something under Configuration > Network > Cellular Profile.  I could then just tag a RAP with this profile in the AP Group and it would have everything I need.  Has anyone figured out what all these settings should be?

• 2.  RE: RAP-5WN and Verizon Pantech UML-290 4G Card

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2012 11:40 PM

You would need to add a provisioning profile to that AP-Group with the proper parameters for the UML-290.

You only need the parameters in the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/RAP5-4G-UML290/m-p/32322/highlight/true#M2899