Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

Posted Aug 16, 2013 08:09 PM

I have a RAP-5WN that previously connected to 6.1.3.5 controller. I connected to 6.2.1.3 controller to test code upgrade and was successful. Now it won't connect back to the 6.1.3.5 controller. Shows connection to master is successful, then hangs. I reset the RAP between controller changes and set the new IP. What am I missing? Trying to prepare in case I need to rollback from 6.2 upgrade. Many thanks.

• 2.  RE: RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2013 09:00 AM

What new ip?

• 3.  RE: RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

Posted Aug 17, 2013 12:13 PM

One master controller is running 6.21.3 and another 6.1.3.5. I first reset the RAP-5WN to defaults, then set the IP of the master. The RAP will now come up on the 6.2 controller. If I give it the IP of the 6.1 controller it shows that the connection is successful but never shows up for installation. I don't see a isakmp or ipsec sa with the 6.1 controller. While connected to the 6.2 controller it did upgrade the image version correctly and has the 5.0 provisioning version.

• 4.  RE: RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2013 01:22 PM

Are you sure that the ap-group on the new controller does not have an LMS-IP that redirects the access point before it has an opportunity to upgrade/downgrade?

• 5.  RE: RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

Posted Aug 17, 2013 01:53 PM

It does have an LMS-IP but both the master and local are running the same versions. The controller running 6.2 does not have a local controller.

• 6.  RE: RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2013 01:56 PM

@jfarnell wrote:

It does have an LMS-IP but both the master and local are running the same versions. The controller running 6.2 does not have a local controller.

It does not matter.  If the LMS-IP is private, the AP will NEVER find that controller, and that could be your problem.  Either create a new AP group that does not have an LMS-IP and put your remote AP into it or remove the LMS-IP from that AP-Group.

• 7.  RE: RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

Posted Aug 17, 2013 02:58 PM

I will try that on Monday. Thanks very much for your help.

• 8.  RE: RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

Posted Aug 19, 2013 01:11 PM

This is resolved. I originally added the RAP to the RAP whitelist with an AP group. Since the RAP had the default configuration I didn't expect to find it in that AP group -- I was looking at the default group instead.Adding a RAP to the whitelist is new to me since we've only used AP125 as RAPs in the past. Thanks for the help!

Jim