Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-5WN loosing connectivity

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-5WN loosing connectivity

Posted Jul 06, 2012 12:42 PM

Not sure what's going on with this unit and of course it's halfway around the world from me. We have  a RAP-5WN that is dropping connectivity from the far end - when I look a the logs for it I had been seeing the did not match the replay counter error message - tweaked the wpa time out and that error only comes up every hour or so now - not every 10 minutes.

But people connected to the unit are still reporting that it looses connectivity. It does not appear to be rebooting as it's uptime is from when I rebooted it last. Not sure if it's a power issue or a temperature issue - I can't seem to pull any temp data (bummer) and the information from show ap debug system-status ap-name doesn't seem to be abnormal (but I haven't compared it to a different unit)

Are there any commands I can run that will give me more information about the internal status of the unit? I have somebody on the ground that is coming back to the states and can bring it with them if that's what would be best.

Thank you

Lirria

• 2.  RE: RAP-5WN loosing connectivity

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2012 01:33 PM

Is this SSID tunneled?  Are you using 802.1x and PEAP or TLS?  If so, is it possible that the latency between the client and the radius server is over 100 milliseconds?

• 3.  RE: RAP-5WN loosing connectivity

Posted Jul 06, 2012 01:39 PM

802.1x eap-mschapv2 and eap-peap, forward mode is split-tunnel. Probably - since its coming from France to the US  ping to the ap from the controller is showing average time of 143ms

Lirria

• 4.  RE: RAP-5WN loosing connectivity

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2012 01:41 PM

Some clients will ignore a 802.1x exchange that takes over 100 milliseconds to complete, regardless of what are set in the timers.  You might have to open a support case to determine if that is the case.  

You also might want to explore decreasing the broadcast traffic on that VLAN or using multicast optimization to see if it makes a difference, in the short term.

• 5.  RE: RAP-5WN loosing connectivity

Posted Jul 06, 2012 01:42 PM

will do - thank you!

Lirria