Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-Problem

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP-Problem

Posted Nov 23, 2012 05:04 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

since 2 days i have a problem with several RAP-2. They can't connect to the controller from a external network. From our internal network it's no problem. I have already checked the firewall settings (Port 4500 is forwared to the controller). I have also made a port-mirroring on the switch to which the controller is attached. I see the external RAP is sending some IKE-Packets to the controller and the controller is responding to this packets. This happens 4 times then the RAP reboots. The error-message on the RAP is Ethernet rc_error_ikep1 rc5. I have also attached a security-log-file.

Attachment(s)

txt
    security-log.txt   5 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: RAP-Problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2012 06:42 AM

@Dongle3000ccm wrote:

Hi,

since 2 days i have a problem with several RAP-2. They can't connect to the controller from a external network. From our internal network it's no problem. I have already checked the firewall settings (Port 4500 is forwared to the controller). I have also made a port-mirroring on the switch to which the controller is attached. I see the external RAP is sending some IKE-Packets to the controller and the controller is responding to this packets. This happens 4 times then the RAP reboots. The error-message on the RAP is Ethernet rc_error_ikep1 rc5. I have also attached a security-log-file.

What version of ArubaOS code do you have running?

How many RAP2s do you have in total running on this controller?

• 3.  RE: RAP-Problem

Posted Nov 23, 2012 07:12 AM

Hi,

the version is 6.1.3.1 Build 32786 and we are running 3 RAP2.

• 4.  RE: RAP-Problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2012 07:22 AM

I would try Upgrading to ArubaOS 6.1.3.2 or higher, if you can, and try again.  There are quite a few fixes for IKE in that version that could address what you are seeing now and issues you could have in the future.

• 5.  RE: RAP-Problem

Posted Nov 23, 2012 07:46 AM

Hi,

it's a alcatel-branded controller so i have only the image-file from alcatel for the version 6.1.3.2 but this image-file is corrupted (at the upgrade i get an error because of a wrong checksum). Can you provide me the latest firmware?

• 6.  RE: RAP-Problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2012 08:36 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Alcatel Download page.  Does the page have an Md5 checksum for your download?  If so, you could check the MD5 to make sure you got what you were supposed to, and if not, alert Alcatel that their download is corrupt.