Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP Provisioning Retrieve image fail

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP Provisioning Retrieve image fail

Posted Apr 29, 2014 11:27 AM

Hi

I am trying to bring up a RAP108 but get the error 'Retrieve image fail'. IPSec looks to establish correctly though and i have other RAP's working fine (although these are not 108). Code version is 6.3.1.6

Ap-Role has and any-any-permit policy (not added by me) but not sure if this role is used for the RAP

Any help much appreciated

• 2.  RE: RAP Provisioning Retrieve image fail

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2014 11:54 AM

Is the RAP whitelisted and do you have L2TP addresses available?  

Are you converting from an IAP?

• 3.  RE: RAP Provisioning Retrieve image fail

Posted Apr 29, 2014 12:09 PM

Hi,

Yes converting from IAP. I have L2TP addresses available

Image Upgrade Progress
    ----------------------
    Mac                IP Address   AP Class  Status       Image Info  Error Detail
    ---                ----------   --------  ------       ----------  ------------
    24:de:c6:cb:ac:28  10.62.48.51  Pegasus   downloading  image file  Retrieve image fail
    Auto reboot           :enable
    Use external URL      :enable
    24:de:c6:cb:ac:28# show log upgrade

----------Download log start----------

Executing '/aruba/bin/download_image_swarm ac-ftp://10.60.0.205/mips32.ari'
    fetching ('/usr/sbin/wget -T 120 -t 3 ftp://sap:x@10.60.0.205/mips32.ari')
    Error: failed to retrieve image
    cleaning up
    done

----------Download log end------------
    Download status: Retrieve image fail

I am configuring the IAP to convert via the controller VRRP on the same L2 network as the IAP. I notice in the log though that the IAP is trying to download the image from 10.60.0.205 which is the address of the controller on its management interface and this will not be accessible from the L2 network the IAP is on

• 4.  RE: RAP Provisioning Retrieve image fail

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2014 12:18 PM

Then you have answered your question.  I assume that this management address is the controller-ip?  Is there a way to make that address accessible to the AP?

• 5.  RE: RAP Provisioning Retrieve image fail

Posted Apr 29, 2014 01:15 PM

Why would the AP do this and where would it get the address from? In the AP conversion box i am entering the vrrp address of the controller on the same L2 network as the AP.

The AP seems to discover its group when connecting and the LMS in the system profile also points to the correct address.

the controller must be supplying the address of the image location incorrectly

• 6.  RE: RAP Provisioning Retrieve image fail

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2014 03:20 PM

This is working as designed.  During the conversion process, the controller sends down the needed software to the RAP.  This comes from the controller IP address.  Can you try a different controller elsewhere or make this IP routeable?

• 7.  RE: RAP Provisioning Retrieve image fail

Posted Apr 29, 2014 05:40 PM

It does not appear right to me. If I want to deploy RAP's across the internet I only want to expose one address, not multiple ones. The address being supplied to the RAP for the image download is the controllers address on the management vlan so I do not want to allow the RAP to access this vlan. The RAP VRD only shows one address being required for RAP deployment.