Wireless Access

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Re: RAP configuration on 6.4

Its a 205.

I have to get a RAP3 working, but I switched to the 205 for troubleshooting purposes...

Highlighted

Both the 205 and RAP-3 have TPM chips so they will have a factory certificate.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

I dont have a 4500 session coming across anymore.

Highlighted

hi playinpearls

cert rap bring up should require the following few steps only. no vpn profiles, no PSKs etc.

Controller

>> define l2tp ip pool

>> whitelist the ap

AP

>> purge ap (or reset via button, making sure it doesnt revert to IAP if it was instant before)

>> check you working DHCP (type dhcp at apboot, wait, then ping the master ip - make sure it's all fine)

>> either let it discover and connect to controller, reprovision as rap, or from apboot

setenv remote_ap 1

setenv master  <controller ip>

save

boot

that should be it, if it's still stuck after this, you can go into the ap shell and take a look in the file /tmp/rapper.txt and /tmp/sapd_debug_log.txt, these may give you a hint as to any problem. But ultimately, setting it as RAP above and the master IP should be enough to get it talking to the controller.

regards

-jeff

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

thanks Jeff, thats what I was looking for.

It turns out that we had the RAP natting through a firewall that wasn't the gateway of the controller, so it was failing at making a complete circle. The controller was sending replies through a different firewall.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: