Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP with Mobility Controller Cluster AOS8.4

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  RAP with Mobility Controller Cluster AOS8.4

Posted May 28, 2019 12:27 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to find some technical documentation or some explication about how to configure Remote Access Point with a Mobility Controller Cluster having 1 Public IP Address for both Controllers.

I heard that NAT wasn't supported with this design on the previous AOS8 versions but that it was ok on the AOS8.4. I can't find any documentations about that.

Could you help me?

Regards

• 2.  RE: RAP with Mobility Controller Cluster AOS8.4
    Best Answer

Posted May 28, 2019 12:46 PM
    Now in AOS 8.4 you can define the controllers NAT Public IPs in the Controller Cluster config

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: RAP with Mobility Controller Cluster AOS8.4

Posted May 29, 2019 04:15 AM
    Thank you Victor

• 4.  RE: RAP with Mobility Controller Cluster AOS8.4

Posted Jun 05, 2019 03:43 PM

Hello again,

I configured my cluster with a Public IP on each, but I still don't get how my RAP will get both of these IPs as in the configuration of the RAP we only can advise 1 Public IP on it.

Regards,

Christophe

• 5.  RE: RAP with Mobility Controller Cluster AOS8.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2020 10:39 AM

The cluster will share a RAP node list to the RAPs. That way they will know both public IP addresses

• 6.  RE: RAP with Mobility Controller Cluster AOS8.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2020 03:20 PM

Hi 

Yes NAT is supported on AOS8.4 cluster, but you will need an public IP per cluster member AFAIK. 

So having only 1 public IP will not work. You have to set a RAP NAt IP per cluster member in the cluster config

• 7.  RE: RAP with Mobility Controller Cluster AOS8.4

Posted May 15, 2020 10:28 AM

Hi,

that means, the clients will be load-balanced at the two controllers, and it's impossible to connect only one path? right?

I will not be able to configure just one public ip (at one node) in the cluster profile? 

What will be the Result? Will the RAP stay offline respectively not connect successfully to the cluster.

regards

• 8.  RE: RAP with Mobility Controller Cluster AOS8.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2020 10:41 AM

Again, if clustering is needed for the RAPs too, you will need one public IP per cluster node.

If you are not able to have enough public ip addresses, then you should have a separate controller only for the RAPs