Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP2WG’s jamming home private WLAN router.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP2WG’s jamming home private WLAN router.

Posted Jun 27, 2012 04:34 AM

I have problems with RAP2WG and RAP5WG’s that are jamming the users private WLAN when they install the RAP at home. The user have they’re home network WLAN for private use and are going to use the RAP as they’re work network. But when they plug in their RAP it jams the private WLAN. I have turned off “Rogue AP Aware” but that does not help.

Anyone knowing what to do?

Tom C.

• 2.  RE: RAP2WG’s jamming home private WLAN router.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2012 05:14 AM

Do you have any ids features enabled?  Type "show log wireless 50" and "show log security 50" on the controller to see what is going on.

• 3.  RE: RAP2WG’s jamming home private WLAN router.

Posted Jun 27, 2012 05:43 AM

Only default IDS profile.

• 4.  RE: RAP2WG’s jamming home private WLAN router.

Posted Jun 27, 2012 05:50 AM

I want to see if somebody installs a rough AP, but it can't interfere with any SSID's .

• 5.  RE: RAP2WG’s jamming home private WLAN router.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2012 05:59 AM

If the default IDs profile is modified, it will stop rogue APs.  Please look at the logs when the AP is active.

• 6.  RE: RAP2WG’s jamming home private WLAN router.

Posted Jun 27, 2012 01:06 PM

Make sure that it is the  default IDS profile that is applied to the RAP group. Then, use the WIP wizard to navigate throught the default IDS profile and make sure that containment is turned off. Doing this will allow you to detect rogues but it wont contain them.

Regards,

Sathya

• 7.  RE: RAP2WG’s jamming home private WLAN router.

Posted Jun 28, 2012 06:06 AM

Thank’s a lot. I run the wizard and set everything to default. It looks like it is working. My users are testing more this evening and see if it is working as it should.

From the log it seems like it is working a lot better now.:smileyhappy:

Tom C.

• 8.  RE: RAP2WG’s jamming home private WLAN router.
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 29, 2012 06:13 AM

Thank for your help! Running the wizard to resett the default profile worked. It now works as it should. :smileyvery-happy: