Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP5 Advice

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP5 Advice

Posted Oct 24, 2012 04:39 AM

Hello All,

I must configure two RAP5 that are going to be the Access Points for some stands in an international exhibition, so i expect that many users will be connected at the same time.

My boss want to give only Guest Access to that users (suppliers/customers/agents) using the Captive Portal configurated on the central controller (3600) that we also are using in the main office.

The best solution should be let them use the captive portal and after the autentication let them exit directly on the local internet access link. It is possibile do that with no PEFNG licence installed? i think this could be done using the splittunnel mode but this feature is not enable with no PEFNG installed, it is?

In case the PEFNG is a requisite, i should ask for 2 licence? (2=number of the APs using the split-tunnel) or should i ask for the totally number of all my local and remote APs (tunnel+bridge+split) ?

Many Thanks,

Davide

• 2.  RE: RAP5 Advice

Posted Jan 19, 2013 11:50 AM

Hi, you need to match the licenses for PEFNG to the number of AP licenses you have in the controller, and the total number of APs.