Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP5 Upgrade Without Internet

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP5 Upgrade Without Internet

MVP
    Posted Aug 06, 2013 09:37 AM

Hello,

I have two RAP-5WN devices that I need to have updated to current version. Only problem I'm having is that I do not have a controller's address to give the RAP at the moment. Is there any way to upgrade it without entering an address. I don't need the SSIDs to broadcast, just upgrade the version.

Thanks for the help!

• 2.  RE: RAP5 Upgrade Without Internet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2013 09:41 AM

You can call TAC or if you have a controller locally, you can plug them in on the internal network.

• 3.  RE: RAP5 Upgrade Without Internet

MVP
    Posted Aug 06, 2013 09:44 AM

Thanks for the input. My problem is that the master controller is at another site and it's not on the same network as I'm currently on. I'm waiting for a response with the master's hostname or IP, but I was hoping to get it upgraded while I waited.

Thanks! If I don't hear back I may contact TAC to see if theres any type of work around.

• 4.  RE: RAP5 Upgrade Without Internet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2013 09:47 AM
    Can you resolve aruba-master.yourdomain.com?

If so?try that address...

• 5.  RE: RAP5 Upgrade Without Internet
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Aug 06, 2013 04:48 PM

Update:

After obtaining the IP of the controller, ran into problem that RAP hasn't been whitelisted. Will do a remote session to whitelist RAPs and upgrade images. Problem should be solved.

Thanks for the help!