Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

Posted Sep 18, 2017 05:47 PM

What i'm trying to discern is the best way to handle provisioning CAPs for use at a branch office behind a RAP.

Should i be provisioning the CAPS prior to them arriving onsite at the branch office?

I know i have to do my RAPS prior to them going, but the CAPs i can't find documentation on this.

• 2.  RE: RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2017 07:16 PM

Provisioning CAPs behind RAPs is not officially supported because the encapsulation of the GRE through ipsec in many cases does not work, unfortunately.

• 3.  RE: RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

Posted Sep 18, 2017 07:22 PM

So i'd be correct in gathering that any CAPs that are needed onsite will need to be pre-provisioned with the controller?

• 4.  RE: RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2017 04:40 AM

Couldn't you make them all RAPs at the Remote Site?  Even if you pre-provision CAPs at the headend, it is not supported to deploy them tunneling through RAPs.

• 5.  RE: RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

Posted Sep 19, 2017 11:59 AM

You've answered my question.  I really do appreciate it.

Thank you!

• 6.  RE: RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

Posted Sep 29, 2017 05:41 PM

I have another question in regards to this.

What about using CAPs as mesh points behind a RAP?  From what i'm seeing that's not possible, but that only appears to be a valid conclusion based on the user guide and that the RAP‑2WG and the RAP‑5WN cannot be configured as a Mesh Point AP.

Is this possible with other versions of APs and how would you configure it?  We're working out RAP solutions for a customer and i'm curious about this as we cannot run lines as it's a rental office.