Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

Posted Sep 16, 2012 03:50 PM

Dear All 

We are  Large WISP  in Iraq we have about more than 150 AP  In Baghdad   we user UBNT DEVICES in deplyment our outdoor wireless  network we user ROCKET M2  (MIMIO technology   802.11 N standard ) with high gain sector 16 dB  120 Degree three secor in each AP (Site ) now we looking to  user  90 degree sectors  it will be 4 sectors in each site and i'm looking for RF planning tools to optimaize our network in terms of frequency assignment  for each sector  , determine the antenna hight on the sector and antenna tilt angle to detrmine the coverage area for each sector and  how to set the transmit power to decrease the interference  between sites  because  I have been used frequency reuse for the channels >>>i read the article about the anntena pattren and how that   directly determine the coverage area because as that mention  in the PDF  the common mistake is that we use high gain antenna to make better coverage but in face that not what  really happend ..... thanks in advance for the vaulable information that you put it in your wesite   ....looking forward to recommended me with some tools to try it so  after that i can buy it to use it in my RF planning ....

Regards 

Hazem 

[Personal Information Removed]

• 2.  RE: RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

Posted Sep 16, 2012 04:29 PM

Salaam Hazem,

This question is more appropriate for the Ubiquiti support forum, which I believe is on http://forum.ubnt.com/.

Aruba doesn't provide planning tools for non-Aruba equipment.

• 3.  RE: RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

Posted Sep 17, 2012 10:01 AM

Thanks for your  Reply but I search alot in thier fourm and they do not have such great tools for RF planning   it will be great if you could  recomended me with some website that offer  RF  planning tools and software 

Regards 

Hazem Muhsen 

• 4.  RE: RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

Posted Sep 17, 2012 01:23 PM

AirMagnet Planner does a good job of this.   www.airmagnet.com.

• 5.  RE: RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

Posted Sep 21, 2012 03:37 PM

Thanks for your reply but they are focusing on the indoor wifi

• 6.  RE: RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

Posted Oct 04, 2012 02:18 AM

Dear Hazem,

I have tried sending you e-mails on your [Personal Information Removed] email but all my attempts failed with the reason "user does not exist", can you please send me another e-mail address to communicate with you on and see if we can move forward?

Thank you,

Rabih Itani

• 7.  RE: RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

Posted Oct 23, 2012 01:55 PM

Dear Rabih Itani 

Sorry for being late to respond to your request 

[Personal Information Removed]

looking forward to hear from you it is very urgent  to me thanks in advance

regards 

• 8.  RE: RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

Posted Oct 23, 2012 02:21 PM

Hi users,

We ask per Community Guidelines that you dont post personal information such as email addresses or phone numbers.

If you'd like to share your email address with a user, please PM them privately.

Thanks.

• 9.  RE: RF Planning tools for UBNT devices

Posted Oct 23, 2012 02:31 PM

How could send him privately there is no option for that   

could you please tell me how to do it