Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Radios optimization option in Aruba Central - IAP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Radios optimization option in Aruba Central - IAP

Posted Feb 20, 2020 02:30 PM

Hi community,

I found this option while browsing in Aruba Central:

radios.PNG

Do you know the use of this? It seems is related to ARM, but IAPs already have the ARM feature. I don't find this option when the IAP is not managed by Aruba Central, and I have searched for documentation but there isn't.

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Radios optimization option in Aruba Central - IAP
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 20, 2020 03:15 PM

I didnt see the option in Aruba Central already but with ArubaOS8 Mobility Master feature Airmatch (as follow up of ARM) scan continuously during the day and deploy the new calculated RF plan at 5:00am by default. Seems like the same in Aruba Central now.

• 3.  RE: Radios optimization option in Aruba Central - IAP

Posted Feb 20, 2020 03:31 PM

Yeah, it seems something like that, and the intelligence is in Aruba Central. But looking the below image:

radios2.PNG

Can this feature override the ARM network settings (power, channel, etc.) if needed? And if channel/power needs to be modified we have to wait until 5:00 am? Maybe an AP's power/channel need to be modified in order to reduce a high CCI or something, but we need to bear that situation until 5:00 am...

Regards,

Julián