Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over

Posted May 14, 2013 05:55 AM

I changed ISP providers over the weekend and since the changeover, some of our RAP’s are showing as down. ive has tried to remotely provision them, however although they are showing as down they still have all the relevant lights to say its working

Regards 

Tom

• 2.  RE: Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2013 06:05 AM
    Tom, please provide more detail. Did you reprovision them with the new IP address before the changeover? Are you using DNS for discovery? Did you try to reboot them?

This will be very painful to troubleshoot unless you provide more detail, as there are numerous reasons why what is happening, could be happening.

If you need quick help, please open a support case.

• 3.  RE: Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over

Posted May 14, 2013 06:19 AM

Sorry for the lack of information.

I have reset the the external Ip address and reprovisioned the Raps and put in the new IP all the lights appear to be correct but they just show as down in the monitoring tab.

Yes I have rebooted them and the AP-105s have come back online just the RAPs haven't. You should find attached the logs with technical support 

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2013 06:23 AM
    Go on the command line and type show audit-trail to see if you mad an error. Also, have you even tested the firewall configuration for the new ISP to ensure that traffic is getting to the controller with the new IP address?

Your tech support will contain personal information so you might not want to post that.

• 5.  RE: Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over

Posted May 14, 2013 06:29 AM

@cjoseph wrote:
    Go on the command line and type show audit-trail to see if you mad an error. Also, have you even tested the firewall configuration for the new ISP to ensure that traffic is getting to the controller with the new IP address?

Your tech support will contain personal information so you might not want to post that.

I will do that know and update when I have the answer to your question.

And no I have not I will do this in a minuet as well

• 6.  RE: Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over

Posted May 14, 2013 09:07 AM

Hello,

I have logged into the firewall and can see the traffic hitting it. 

The traffic was getting through the firewall (UDP 4500)

Ive done the show audit-trail, what would i be looking for in there?

Regards

• 7.  RE: Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2013 09:14 AM
    Looking to see if you might have typed in the new IP address incorrectly.

• 8.  RE: Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over

Posted May 14, 2013 09:30 AM

ive had a look and it seems okay. the address of our firewall has changed so is there somewhere in the configuration that will need that changing 

• 9.  RE: Raps are showing as down after ISP Change over
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2013 10:19 AM

Do you have an LMS-IP set in the AP system profile of the AP-Group that has the RAPS?  If it has the old ip address, either remove the ip, or change it to the new external address.