Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Converting IAP into controller managed AP

the instant access points get dhcp ip from the firewall , after conversion they can also take dhcp ip from firewall or it's mandatory that the controller become their dhcp server ? 

Aruba Employee

It is not mandatory for the controller to be the DHCP server.  

now i configured the controller with vlan 5 and 10 trunk for SSID creation 
and vlan 15 access for AP reachability , i can ping all the IPs of the controller from the firewall and vice-verca, also the AP can ping the controller's IP in vlan 15 . 
i made the ip of the controller in vlan 15 static ip to be the switch ip of the controller to be reached by the AP 
also i made the ip in vlan 5 and 10 DHCP from the firewall and they successfully took IPs from the firewall . but i can't ping the internet (8.8.8.8) from any interface from the controller . is this normal ? or should i configure static routes for each trunk vlan (5 ,10 ) ? or what is the solution? 
note : everything is allowed from the firewall 

now the controller sees the internet . after adding the firewall lan ip as a default gateway . but only one vlan from the controller can see the internet. the one which has the default gateway of the lowest cost.

could you please tell me what to do in order both vlans 5 and 10 can reach the internet at the same time ?

i tried to convert to campus ap but the conversion failed because the os of ap is higher version than on the controller . 
os version of AP : 6.5.2.0

os version of controller : 6.4.3.4

please send me os version to be installed on the AP and be compatible with os on the controller 

Guru Elite

What model IAP is it?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

iap 207
Guru Elite

According to the AP-207 datasheet here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP207Series.pdf it requires 6.5.1.0 to be running on the controller.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

but in this case it will be a higher version of the controller 
could you be please send me this image in mail

Guru Elite

Controller-based images require a support login.  If you have one, please download it from here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Default.aspx?EntryId=22049

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: