Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Rebooting AP275 and Uplink VLAN?

I opened a TAC case for a constantly rebooting AP275. It cycles every 11 or 12 minutes - show an ID flag then appears to reboot. Lather, rinse, repeat.

TAC wants me to attach a console cable. Which is a pain, because this is up a pole in a public area.

While I am waiting for an opportunity to grab it, I did the "what's different about this one?" game. I have 80 275's operating well.

So it turns out, it seems, that Uplink VLAN may be the culprit. I have all of my WiFi gear communicating with the controller across VLAN114. The controller hands out DHCP for this VLAN, and the misbehaving one has been getting a proper assignment. But (perhaps in an effort to fix a problem, I forget) this AP is set to Uplink VLAN 114. My other AP's are set to Uplink = 0.

I went into the switch port for this AP and untagged it to VLAN 1, and it has been up and not rebooting for a few hours. If has an IP address off of my default VLAN, so it's not a permanent fix.

So my question is, what should Uplink VLAN be set to, when the switch you are connecting to has the port untagged for VLAN 114?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Rebooting AP275 and Uplink VLAN?

Do not set it.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Re: Rebooting AP275 and Uplink VLAN?

OK, so I learned that the hard way.

An Uplink VLAN does indeed cause the rebooting behviour I was experiencing. Weird but true,

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: