Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Recommended AOS code for 651

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Recommended AOS code for 651

Posted Jun 28, 2012 07:48 AM

We are getting ready to deploy a 651 Controller but I noticed that the latest 6.1.3.0 has some major caveats related to the 651 funcionality , and I was wondering what 6.1.x.x AOS code is more stable for the 651 controller.

Thanks

Vic

• 2.  RE: Recommended AOS code for 651
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2012 09:17 AM

According to the release notes - "An Aruba 651 controller is susceptible to continuous rebooting if its internal AP (radio) is configured in Air Monitor mode (am-mode).

Workaround:

Reconfigure the internal AP (radio) in Access Point mode (ap-mode). Alternatively, you may disable the radio if not needed."

• 3.  RE: Recommended AOS code for 651

Posted Jun 28, 2012 09:19 AM

Thanks 

• 4.  RE: Recommended AOS code for 651

Posted Jun 28, 2012 05:20 PM

Just be careful, if you're using mode-aware ARM, that internal AP may turn into an AM and cause the 651 to reboot.

• 5.  RE: Recommended AOS code for 651

Posted Jun 28, 2012 07:00 PM

I always / always recommend

1) a seperate AP group for the internal AP on the 651 controller from the other APs in the deployment .

Why?   That way the configuration of that internal AP is deterministic and you don't have to be careful/mindful of any settings that you meant to apply in the broader deployment. 

2) never modify any profile that has the word 'default' in it... instead make 'new' profiles for all APs, and seperate profiles on the internal AP vs. non-internal APs.   That way you (again) avoid any 'whoops we just turned on/off something on the internal AP that we only meant for the other APs.

This approach has served me...and many others well...