Wireless Access

Re: Recommended number of users for new Aruba AP models

Hi Frank,

I know they are fine and I didn't change those defaults in my implementations so far. But I would like to know where make sense or useful to change it to completely understand.

Regards,

Julián

MVP Expert

Hi Julian,

I have learned to stick to the defaults, and for some cases follow the VRD's. I never had to lower the max clients. Aruba AP's just rock, no need to limit them!

Cheers, Frank
AirHeads MVP Expert |AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'

Hi Onno and Colin,

Some days ago browsing through the Aruba website and reviewing AP capabilities for a project, I realized the comparison website chart now shows a new row for recommended or practical maximum client per radio. And it matches the Onno's chart, but the Onno's chart means max clients per AP, while the Aruba comparision chart says max clients per radio, which means the double than the Onno's chart. Just an example:

maxclients.pngWhich chart should I follow then?

Regards,

Julián

I would go with Onnos Chart

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Contributor I

Hello Onno, Joseph and contributors, 

if you can provide insight (number of users per AP) for the 500 series that will be awesome! 

thank you guys ! 

Occasional Contributor II

I've been Wi-fi admin on a college campus for about, 5 years now.  My experience is these number are not real life numbers.  We have AP's of all models, but the larges deployment is probably the AP-215's.

My experience has been once the AP starts to get more 20-25 users.  The Controller reports the AP as being stressed. 

Starte recieveing reports that service is slow.

Contributor I

thank you for your feedback, 

based on above answers, it looks right, up to 30 users the 215 may get stressed, of course within specific circumstances. 

my question was about the 500 series, for instance, the Aruba AP-525. 

what is the number of users that can support in general? 

Hi,

@MandP

You can go to the Aruba website and compare APs. Here you are the comparison of APs 500, 515 and 530, including the recommended number of users for each:

5xx.png

@Lardwag

The number of recommended client count means the AP can support with this number of users with no problem. For instance, in the case of the 510 series, the AP can support 100 users per radio and will not crash. What do you mean exactly with "The Controller reports the AP as being stressed."?

You are right, and maybe the recommended number of users is around 30, and with more the users can experience the service is slow. But here the limitation is the channel capacity/airtime/channel utilization (especially 2.4GHz channels), and not the AP.

Regards,

Julián

Occasional Contributor II

For example.. stressed. See Pic
[cid:image001.png@01D5960E.D96F3470]
Highlighted

Hi Lardawg,

I can't see the picture. Maybe problems when attaching?

Regards,

Julian

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: