Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Redirect Delay

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Redirect Delay

Posted May 24, 2016 11:37 AM

After upgrading ClearPass I am now getting a 5 second redirect on the Guest WIFI captive portal. Is there a way to remove this feature or at least reduce the time? See screen shot.

image001.png

• 2.  RE: Redirect Delay
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2016 12:07 PM

On your Aruba controller, navigate to Configuration/Authentication/L3 Authentication/Captive Portal Authentication.  Click the entry you're using with ClearPass, then 3 lines down into the config there's a value titled "Redirect Pause".  I set ours to '1' which seems to be working quite well. 

• 3.  RE: Redirect Delay

Posted May 24, 2016 12:49 PM
    h

• 4.  RE: Redirect Delay

Posted May 24, 2016 01:03 PM
    The "redirect pause" has an entry of 3 seconds but the redirect page displays 5 seconds. I'm not sure that's the correct option.

• 5.  RE: Redirect Delay

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2016 01:16 PM

jgraham@cdc.gov,

That specific redirect page is related to the "Logon wait minimum wait" and "Logon wait CPU utilization threshold".  If the CPU is above the "Logon wait CPU Utilization threshold", you will see the black screen with the clock for "Logon wait minimum wait" seconds when you initially attempt to pull up the captive portal page.  It is something to ease the load on the controller Captive Portal if the CPU is at a specific threshold.  It is not related to the redirect timer after you successfully login.

• 6.  RE: Redirect Delay

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2016 01:18 PM

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6.4.4.x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Captive_Portal_Authentic.htm?Highlight=Logon wait CPU

By default it is 60% but you can raise it to 70, so that you don't see that page that often.

• 7.  RE: Redirect Delay

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2016 01:18 PM

<removed, answered>