Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Redirect to ClearPass captive portal ip issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Redirect to ClearPass captive portal ip issue

Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:46 PM

Hi Airheads,

I want to use a self register captive portal from ClearPass Guest that is in a VLAN10 in Building 1 in my test controller where i configure a SSID with a captive portal authentication that is in the VLAN192 using a ISP modem like DHCP and gateway. There's no way to communicate (to route) the VLAN10 and VLAN192 to assure security of the Data Center. Here is the topology:

Captive Portal.jpg

The idea is use de VLAN192 for guest, the problem is that this VLAN don't have access to the VLAN of ClearPass. It sounds logical to change the VLAN in the post authentication role but i understand that's not posibble in L3 auth.

I know about the ip cp-redirect-address command to solve this issue but i don't know if this command works for a ClearPass captive portal. I tried and don't work for me. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Redirect to ClearPass captive portal ip issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2014 08:15 AM

You can't allow just TCP 443 into VLAN 10?

• 3.  RE: Redirect to ClearPass captive portal ip issue

Posted Aug 27, 2014 01:00 PM

Thanks capalli but the TCP 443 port is enabled.

• 4.  RE: Redirect to ClearPass captive portal ip issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2014 01:03 PM

I'm confused. So can you not currently access ClearPass from VLAN 192?

• 5.  RE: Redirect to ClearPass captive portal ip issue

Posted Aug 27, 2014 01:15 PM

No, because Captive ClearPass is in VLAN10 and the VLAN192 is for the ISP modem and the guests. For customer network security, we can not allow inter vlan routing.

• 6.  RE: Redirect to ClearPass captive portal ip issue

Posted Oct 06, 2014 06:46 PM

Why don't you just source nat the HTTPS/HTTP and DNS traffic directed to ClearPass using an internal address