Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Reduce the power on AP

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Reduce the power on AP

Posted Mar 24, 2015 03:09 PM

I need to make sure that I understand correctly on how to reduce the power on APs within our environment. I am under the impression that I would need to creat a special profile and then within that profile adjust the adaptive Radio management profile to be the desired power setting. Also, is the max power 127 ? Thanks and let me know.

• 2.  RE: Reduce the power on AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2015 03:11 PM
    That is correct. The profile defaults to a Max of 127, but APs will cap at the max allowed by regulatory domain.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Reduce the power on AP

Posted Mar 24, 2015 03:16 PM
    OK. Thanks. So if I want to reduce the power on 4 APs, then I would need to create a new AP group and then within that group create a Adaptive Radio Management profile and adjust my power settings within there?

Additional questions: For users laptop - what would be recommended power setting ? The default is 127 and that may be a little to high. Do you have any suggestions ?

Thanks for the response.

Clif Montgomery
    Network Engineer
    Northeast Georgia Health Systems
    770-219-6869 (o)
    678-315-6602 (c)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The HIPAA Privacy Rule requires covered entities to safeguard certain Protected Health Information (PHI) related to a person's healthcare. Information being sent to you may include PHI, after appropriate consent, acknowledgment, or authorization from the patient or under circumstances that do not require patient authorization. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain PHI in a safe and secure manner. You may not re-disclose this patient information without additional patient consent or as required by law. Unauthorized re-disclosure or failure to safeguard PHI could subject us, or you, to penalties described in federal (HIPAA) and state law. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and destroy the related message. Thanks for your help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Reduce the power on AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2015 03:19 PM

If you only need to change it for some APs, you can use the AP-specific option under AP configuration.

Generally speaking, 18 should be the highest for indoor APs, however each environment differs.