Wireless Access

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Redundancy between Data Centers

Can anyone advise on experience of providing controller redundancy between data centers for terminating globally dispersed RAPs?

We have two data centers, but Layer 2 connections are not permitted between the two so I believe we have two options;

1. Master-Local

2. Master-Master (not backup)

I can appreciate the configuration overhead that a master-local scenario would reduce but you would still need to reproduce the RAP Whitelist on both. The negative of master-local is the lack of configuration when the master is unreachable. I am tempted to go down the master-master route but would welcome any experience/advise?

Can Airwave sync the RAP Whitelists?

Cheers!

Any amount of Kudos will be greatly appreciated!!!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Re: Redundancy between Data Centers

Without the layer 2 between data centers, you can't do a VRRP for each controller. Yes, Airwave can sync the whitelist. Just put the two controllers in the same group, and manage the controllers from Airwave. I would use Airwave, and have two different AP groups. One group with the LMS of master 1 and backup LMS of master 2 and the other AP group be the reverse. That way if one DC goes down, only half of your RAPs would reboot.
Thanks,

Zach Jennings

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Without the layer 2 between data centers, you can't do a VRRP for each controller. Yes, Airwave can sync the whitelist. Just put the two controllers in the same group, and manage the controllers from Airwave. I would use Airwave, and have two different AP groups. One group with the LMS of master 1 and backup LMS of master 2 and the other AP group be the reverse. That way if one DC goes down, only half of your RAPs would reboot.
Thanks,

Zach Jennings

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

The perfect solution!

Much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Opps

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: