Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Redundancy between Data Centers

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Redundancy between Data Centers

Posted Feb 29, 2012 06:06 AM

Can anyone advise on experience of providing controller redundancy between data centers for terminating globally dispersed RAPs?

We have two data centers, but Layer 2 connections are not permitted between the two so I believe we have two options;

1. Master-Local

2. Master-Master (not backup)

I can appreciate the configuration overhead that a master-local scenario would reduce but you would still need to reproduce the RAP Whitelist on both. The negative of master-local is the lack of configuration when the master is unreachable. I am tempted to go down the master-master route but would welcome any experience/advise?

Can Airwave sync the RAP Whitelists?

Cheers!

• 2.  RE: Redundancy between Data Centers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 29, 2012 07:25 AM
    Without the layer 2 between data centers, you can't do a VRRP for each controller. Yes, Airwave can sync the whitelist. Just put the two controllers in the same group, and manage the controllers from Airwave. I would use Airwave, and have two different AP groups. One group with the LMS of master 1 and backup LMS of master 2 and the other AP group be the reverse. That way if one DC goes down, only half of your RAPs would reboot.

• 3.  RE: Redundancy between Data Centers

Posted Feb 29, 2012 11:07 AM

The perfect solution!

Much appreciated :smileyhappy:

• 4.  RE: Redundancy between Data Centers

Posted Mar 01, 2012 05:30 AM

Opps