Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Remote AP (AP-105) on a 3600 controller - bridge mode?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Remote AP (AP-105) on a 3600 controller - bridge mode?

Posted Nov 17, 2011 05:38 PM

I would like to configure a remote ap so that it will act like a bridge to the existing remote network.  It will just require authentication (wpa2 psk) and then pass along any dhcp requests to the remote dhcp server.  Is this possible?  I have set the forward mode on the VAP profile to Bridge but that didn't do it, I am probably doing something wrong or maybe they don't work like this?

I am using a 3600 controller running os 5.0.3.3 and the remote AP is an ap-105.  Thanks for any help with this!

• 2.  RE: Remote AP (AP-105) on a 3600 controller - bridge mode?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 06:02 PM

Set the virtual AP to bridge and make sure the Virtual AP does NOT have a VLAN configured.

• 3.  RE: Remote AP (AP-105) on a 3600 controller - bridge mode?

Posted Nov 21, 2011 11:44 AM

OK thanks! that was it, however now we are experiencing some issues with wireless devices trying to access services on the local network.  The aruba AP-105 is in bridge mode (no vlan specified) and I can get out to the internet just fine.  However when trying to connect to an apple time capsule(NAS device) from a wireless device it won't work.  I can't ping a printer from a wireless device to the wired printer but I can print to it just fine.  So for some reason all of the traffic isn't getting transmitted.  The AP-105 has is in bridge mode, ssid is hidden, with wpa2 psk authentication.  The role they are put in is the authenticated role.  Any reason why I can't ping from wireless to wired devices?

• 4.  RE: Remote AP (AP-105) on a 3600 controller - bridge mode?

Posted Nov 21, 2011 03:22 PM

nevermind, miscommunication on my end, sorry.