Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Remote AP RAP step by step configuration

This thread has been viewed 42 times
  • 1.  Remote AP RAP step by step configuration

Posted Sep 26, 2014 01:57 PM

Hi forum,

I have been seeing a growing need for RAP from our customers, there isn’t a customer that is not asking about RAP.

I have only done it in my lab, never really in a production environment.

What I would like to ask you guys is if you can maybe put together a templet of configuration for me to help me with initial setup i.e. aliases for the internal network, policies for split tunneling, user roles, VPN setting and configs, AP group configuration.

If you have done it for your customer, can you share with me your configs where I can place my IP addressing and naming and be able to apply it to a simple architecture of one DMZ controller with a public ip address on one interface to terminate RAPs.

Thanks everyone in advance,

• 2.  RE: Remote AP RAP step by step configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2014 10:33 AM

Have a good read through the validated reference design guide on RAP deployments.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/vrd/RAPVRD/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

the Aruba Solution Exchange would be worth a look to give you a template config for RAPs as well.

https://ase.arubanetworks.com

• 3.  RE: Remote AP RAP step by step configuration

Posted Sep 27, 2014 05:05 PM

Thanks,

I have read these. They are too general for me to be able to use them as a step by step guide. ase has only one RAP solution that is "Remote AP (RAP) Whitelist"

anyways, I will keep asking around. thought someone here has done it so many times that they created a template for the configuration.

• 4.  RE: Remote AP RAP step by step configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2018 06:37 AM