Wireless Access

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Remote AP in Hong Kong

@Srynearson wrote:

Is it legal to provision them as RAPs but in the AP group make sure the radio profiles abides by Chinese Law?

To copy what was posted before:

"You cannot configure an AP to operate outside of the US regulatory domains with a controller that resides inside the US.  When you purchase a controller for use in the US, you cannot even configure a regulatory domain other than US."

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
MVP Expert

I read what was posted before. I am suggesting configuring the AP group so it meets both regulatory restrictions by manually selecting specific channels of operation and output power so as the resulting AP abides by US and Chinese regulator domains.

The AP will still be “using” US regulatory domain but limited so that it also meets Chinese restrictions.

Sean Rynearson
Smart Spaces TME
Phone: 706.972.1520
Twitter: @srynearson
Airheads: @srynearson
Highlighted
Guru Elite

@Srynearson wrote:

I read what was posted before. I am suggesting configuring the AP group so it meets both regulatory restrictions by manually selecting specific channels of operation and output power so as the resulting AP abides by US and Chinese regulator domains.

The AP will still be “using” US regulatory domain but limited so that it also meets Chinese restrictions.

The answer would be no.  This has come up time and time again.  You simply cannot have a U.S.-based Aruba controller configure a device that is not on American Soil.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide