Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Remote AP

Good point for using a test AP!

I shall do this!

I am reading up on how to create a split tunnel.

Guru Elite

Tman,

If a network is already connected by a WAN, just make it bridge mode, instead of split-tunnel.  That way the user  traffic just gets dropped off at the site and the performance should be comparable to whatever else they are doing.  Split tunnel is for if you do NOT have a WAN connection back to CORP.  That is what the "tunnel" portion of split tunnel would give you.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted

Ok, but my clients are getting an IP address from the wrong dhcp server.

The AP at the remote location has an IP in the proper subnet for that location...

Where/how can I make it bridge mode?

Guru Elite

When you create your Virtual AP, the forwarding mode has to be bridge.  Make the VLAN 1.  Clients will get an ip address in the same subnet as the access point at the site.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

Ok, found it!

I was wondering why I could not edit the "Forward mode" and when I clicked on the actual Virtual AP name I was able to make the modifications!

Thanks...I just did the modifications and all seems to be better/quicker now :)

Oh..but wait...why do my users still have an IP from my corporate site instead of one from the remote site?

Will this slow them down being this way?

Guru Elite

Double check the users. They should be getting it from the remote site.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

Would you have any idea why my users are still getting an IP from my main subnet instead of the subnet they are actually on? There is a DHCP server on their lan, but they are getting an IP from my main DHCP instead.

Could it be because of which VLAN I have associated with that Virtual AP? If so, how do I assign a new VLAN to get an IP from the corect DHCP server?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: