Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Removing SSID from specific APs

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Removing SSID from specific APs

Posted Feb 01, 2018 11:54 AM

We are a school campus that runs 450+ AP-225.  Using a Dell Mobility Controller, we have many AP groups to manage the APs.  I need to know if there is a way to remove an SSID from a specific AP without having to remove either the AP or the SSID from the AP group that it is a part of within the Mobility Controller.  I only want that SSID to be unavaible for certain areas.  And I need to keep this AP in that group for conformity reasons.

Here is a list of my groups:

AP Groups.png

• 2.  RE: Removing SSID from specific APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 12:15 PM

Go to the AP Specific Tab.  Choose your AP.  Expand Wireless LAN.  Go to Excluded Virtual AP and choose the Virtual AP you want excluded from the right Pane and Click Add.

Screenshot 2018-02-01 at 11.14.17.png

• 3.  RE: Removing SSID from specific APs

Posted Feb 01, 2018 03:57 PM

When I expand either Virtual AP or Excluded Virtual AP, there is nothing there.  What am I missing?  Thank you for your help so far!!

• 4.  RE: Removing SSID from specific APs
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:10 PM

Click on Excluded and the look at the pane to the right.  The right PANE should have virtual APs that you want to exclude.  By default there should be nothing "under" excluded or Virtual APs because none are defined yet.

• 5.  RE: Removing SSID from specific APs
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 01, 2018 05:33 PM

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!!!!  GOT IT!!!!