Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Replace Master in Master-Backup Master

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Replace Master in Master-Backup Master

Posted Apr 22, 2015 11:07 AM

My 3600 master controller version 6.3.1.8 is RMAed. The 3600 backup controller is now the active master. Control Plane Security is enable, all RAPs are certificate base.

I found a KB for stand-alone controller, I suppose it will be simpler for master-backup master environment.

Any advices? I am worry about the certificates in the active master.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Replace Master in Master-Backup Master
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 22, 2015 11:23 AM

HI,

You just bring up the new 3600 controller as VRRP backup by configuring lowest priority than the existing controller so that it will become the standby.

please ensure the following before joining it to the network.

1. configure all the required VLANs and VLAN interfaces

2. install all the required licenses

3. configure VRRP with lowest priority (may be 1)

After the above join the controller to the network and configure the master redundancy accordingly. after becoming standby, it will sync whole WLAN config along with the internal DB, (will copy whole whitelist DB). need not worry about the cpsec and RAP certificates, cpsec will not be an issue because the whitelist bd will be synced from the master.

hope got some clarity on this, 

• 3.  RE: Replace Master in Master-Backup Master

Posted Apr 22, 2015 11:59 AM

Very good advices, thank you. I’ll update the result when the controller replace.