Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Replicate Database/Config on controller 72xx in standalone mode and ha

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Replicate Database/Config on controller 72xx in standalone mode and ha

Posted Jan 04, 2018 03:15 PM

Hello community,

I've 2 controllers 7210 in Standalone mode.

I configured HA and VRRP.

1 controller has Active mode and 1 controller has Standby mode.

The virtual IP perfectly failover from the active ctrl to standby controller.

But, is it possible to automatically replicate the SSID config from active ctrl to standby ctrl ?

Thanks a lot !!

Greg 

• 2.  RE: Replicate Database/Config on controller 72xx in standalone mode and ha

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2018 07:11 AM

You would have to make the 2nd controller a local of the first to have the configurations be synchronized.

• 3.  RE: Replicate Database/Config on controller 72xx in standalone mode and ha

Posted Jan 05, 2018 08:23 AM

Hello Joseph,

I forget to say that the ArubaOS is version 8.2.

Is it the same method to create the config ?

• 4.  RE: Replicate Database/Config on controller 72xx in standalone mode and ha

Posted Feb 05, 2018 10:26 AM

Hi Joseph,

Sorry not quite get what you mean by this thread.

Can we achieve replication of database between 2 controllers using 'standalone' mode for both controllers?

• 5.  RE: Replicate Database/Config on controller 72xx in standalone mode and ha

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2018 10:41 AM

Which database?  Why have two devices configured as standalone controllers and then want to replicate the database?  Why not have them in the same MM?  The configuration and the database are two different things.

Maybe you should describe what you are trying to accomplish and we can take it from there.

Having two standalone controllers and trying to replicate anything is the wrong way to deploy.  What are you trying to do?