Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Reporting each client session per SSID

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Reporting each client session per SSID

Posted Apr 05, 2013 06:37 AM
    Hello,

Is it possible to generate a report on AMP ( 7.5.6) listing every client that has connected to an SSID ? I have tried "Client Session : session data by SSID (list)" and this seems to produce a summary only - we would like a list of every client that has used this SSID over a given period.

Thanks

Mike

• 2.  RE: Reporting each client session per SSID

Posted Apr 05, 2013 07:47 AM

You should be able to do this with the Client Session Report Type.  Then select only the SSID you want and  "Include details about every session" or "client" depending on what you want.   Lastly, set your report start and end times.

aw-sssid-choice.jpg

aw-client-details.jpg

• 3.  RE: Reporting each client session per SSID

Posted Apr 05, 2013 07:58 AM

Hello,

Mnay thanks for the reply - which of the client report types will generate this screen - I have checked "Client Session and Client Inventory " and can't find it - many thanks for your time !

Regards

Mike

• 4.  RE: Reporting each client session per SSID

Posted Apr 05, 2013 08:05 AM

Client Session.  Then scroll down.   There will be an entry that looks like this:

aw-sssid-choice.jpg

Select the drop down to display the availalbe SSIDs (it should show you all the SSIDs that the database is aware of through polling/traps).

• 5.  RE: Reporting each client session per SSID

Posted Apr 05, 2013 09:00 AM

Thanks for the reply - have that selected but don't get the drop down box to select "Include details about every session" What OS release are you on?

• 6.  RE: Reporting each client session per SSID

Posted Apr 05, 2013 09:21 AM

That is not a drop down; that is further down on the definition page; right above the report start and end times.   The specific SSIDs become available when you select th drop down.

• 7.  RE: Reporting each client session per SSID

Posted Apr 05, 2013 09:28 AM
      |   view attached

Have attached a snap shot of the screen I see and still cannot find the option to select all client details.

• 8.  RE: Reporting each client session per SSID

Posted Apr 05, 2013 09:40 AM

My exaple is from 7.6.2 but I know that has been an option in the Client Session report fro a long time.     Are you sure you are using the right report type?   The layout on your screen differs from mine.

• 9.  RE: Reporting each client session per SSID
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 05, 2013 09:44 AM

Think I found it - I had selected "Client Sessions" but then changed the next variable to "Sessions" and this then opens up another drop down box with lost of lovely client variables.Many thanks for your help and patience!

Regards

Mike