Wireless Access

Re: Roaming between vlans on different AP's/VLAN's connected to the same controller

Yes allowing the same VLAN on the wired port on AP 103H would just work fine however when we talk about huge Capacity and Client population we need to make sure that VLAN exist ony on the controller and not shared on the wired network. This could be just simple by creating new VLAN mapped to second port on wired port for 103H and the AP`s port can be trunked to take care of it.

How many 103H we got and use case of enabling second port and why it had to be on same VLAN?

Thank you,

Sriram

Guru Elite

Re: Roaming between vlans on different AP's/VLAN's connected to the same controller

What are they looking to do on the second port? Please remember, we are only answering questions based on our best knowledge of your situation. It is NOT a design.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor II

The second port on the AP will used to connect wired gaming consoles or other devices that need to be on the same VLAN/Subnet as the wireless clients but don't support wireless.  It will not be shared with the wired network.

I think all of my questions have been answered.  Enable IP Mobility/VLAN Pooling if going with multiple buildings with a single client VLAN per building. 

William Cummings
NC State University
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: