Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Rogue, suspected rogue, neighbor, valid and so on

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Rogue, suspected rogue, neighbor, valid and so on

Posted May 23, 2017 04:55 PM

Hi guys,

If I check in the RAPIDS tab in AirWave I can see a lot of rogue APs, suspected rogues, suspected neighbors and so on, based on the default rules configured in AirWave. However, all these are customer legitimate APs from other vendors that are installed around the campus, so I can ignore them. And I think this happens in most cases. Do you know some practical cases or examples where this classification of APs have to be taken into account?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Rogue, suspected rogue, neighbor, valid and so on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2017 07:23 PM

Have you read the chapter "Using RAPIDS and Rogue Classification" in the Airwave documentation?  If not, please do, because it will give you an explanation of the purpose of the airwave rules...

• 3.  RE: Rogue, suspected rogue, neighbor, valid and so on

Posted Aug 06, 2017 10:38 AM

HI Colin,

I have similar issue on this ticket. I have not idea what is Rogue mean ? and how how do we fix it and 

Will if effect our user experiecen

• 4.  RE: Rogue, suspected rogue, neighbor, valid and so on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2017 11:43 AM

Borey,

It could mean different things, depending on how it is used.  By default, nothing is done.  Did you read the Airwave Chapter on IDS in the documentation?

• 5.  RE: Rogue, suspected rogue, neighbor, valid and so on

Posted Aug 06, 2017 11:47 AM
    Can you provide the document link?

--

Regards,

Borey Chum

Managing Director

Luxury Machine Co., Ltd.

#616, St. Tepvong, Mondoul II Village,
    Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap,
    Kingdom of Cambodia

Tel/Fax: (855-63) 969 877

www.luxurymachine.com

• 6.  RE: Rogue, suspected rogue, neighbor, valid and so on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2017 04:33 PM

Home> Documentation> Rapids on the Airwave Server.  By default, all observed foreign WLANs are recorded in the Rogue number.  You can set rules to change that.  If you do nothing, it will not affect your network.