Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Routing to a particular external website as if it's internal

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Routing to a particular external website as if it's internal

Posted Feb 17, 2012 01:57 PM

Hello all!

Ok - the title is a bit odd - but not sure what to say - we have a website that is hosted at a datacenter. If you are a customer, it gives you limited access, if you are an employee in the main office, it gives you admin access to the website.

So we have deployed the RAP5s at several locations and because we have split tunneling enabled on them, it considers this website an outside address and routes all requests to the limited access section. We need to have anybody on the RAP5 think it's coming from the main office, not that remote office - so we need to route that particular site thru the external ISP at the main office. (I hope that makes sense - I'm reading and going huh?)

This is so people at our London office can access the site with out needing to VPN to our main site to then open the browser to it.

let me know if you need more clarification.

Lirria

• 2.  RE: Routing to a particular external website as if it's internal
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 17, 2012 02:21 PM

What ACLs are you using for split-tunneling?

Adding an ACL - (user host <ip-addrs of website> any permit) will send that traffic through the RAP tunnel. Is this what you are looking for?

• 3.  RE: Routing to a particular external website as if it's internal

Posted Feb 17, 2012 02:52 PM

That just might be it!

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

thank you!

Lirria

• 4.  RE: Routing to a particular external website as if it's internal

Posted Feb 28, 2012 05:12 PM

Sorry for delay in testing - work has been crazy - this did seem to fix the issue. You all are awesome!

Lirria

• 5.  RE: Routing to a particular external website as if it's internal

Posted Dec 06, 2012 06:53 PM

Could this solution be applied to VIA that is using Split-Tunnel as well?