Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0

Posted May 05, 2014 12:54 PM

For my project I just change the controller ip address and default-gateway.I configured a new ap-system profile and vrrp (same address for both), the problem I'm having is when I console into the ap it show the statically assigned address but when looking for the master it comes back as Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

I configured the ap-system profile and vrrp as the aruba-master DNS entry.

• 2.  RE: Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2014 12:57 PM

You have the AP statically assigned.  Do you have the master and serverip also statically configured?  Do you have a DNS server configured statically, as well?

• 3.  RE: Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0

Posted May 05, 2014 01:07 PM

Yes, I statically assigned the ip of the ap in our DDI database. I'm running 3.4.5.1 even though we dont have true vrrp configuration, I configure the vip & lms-ip the same address (ex:.4) which is the DNS entry for aruba-master. The controllers ip are (ex: .2 & .3 ).

• 4.  RE: Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0

Posted May 05, 2014 12:59 PM

Can you do a printenv ?

Can you ping the master IP address from the AP console ?

• 5.  RE: Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0

Posted May 05, 2014 01:09 PM

Yes I can ping both controllers ips (ex: 2. & 3) also the lms-ip & vip (same address ex:.4 which is the dns entry for aruba-master)

should i make one of the controllers ip be the aruba-master?

I forgot to mention that the ap reboots everytime it does not find the "aruba-master"

• 6.  RE: Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2014 03:13 PM

Quite frankly, you are probably a victim of changing too many things at one time.

- Is the access point statically addressed, or does it just have a DHCP reservation?

- How did it find the controller before?  DHCP, DNS?  It should be able to find it using the same mechanism

- If you can't figure it out, you should revert your changes and make changes one, by one, instead.