Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

SN reported in Association Requests

Looking at a user debug, I see there is an SN noted in each association request in parenthesis with a numerical value, is that an SNR value, or something else?  

thanks, Dave

Example:

Assoc request @ 01:23:21.750767: 00:0b:28:06:3a:06 (SN 98): AP 10.16.201.60-d8:c7:c8:1f:c1:20-8P-10-East3-W

Re: SN reported in Association Requests

Taking a guess that looks more like channel noise which usually is around those values
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Victor the values I am seeing in my example range from 5 to 226, but in other peoples logs I see values into 2000.  I havent been able to find the documentation that tells me just what SN is indicating.  

I'm way off then
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

Sequence Number

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Thank you Sir, so completely unrelated to Signal strength or Noise or any rating of the association.  

Guru Elite

Correct. If you have an OTA packet capture you would see it in the association request frame.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: